Still Lakes and Sold Articles

I love long road trips... long, long loooonnng road trips! This is my second summer in a row where I have taken a 12+ hour road trip and I'm thinking I may start a tradition. Right now I'm in Texas with a friend from college. We drove to Memphis first, then came down here near Houston. At this moment, we're out at their family's lake house and its completely gorgeous. I woke up somewhat early (9 am) and took my Bible and journal out onto the dock. It was hot as blazes out there but it was peacefully and perfectly clear. Each time a fish would rise and make a little "blopp" sound it was like God giving me a little shoulder nudge saying "hey, so how do you like the lake? I made it just for you!"

I had another great moment this morning. I sold my first real original piece of writing! I've been writing on and off since I was little, published a co-authored children's book in 2006 and hadn't done anything since. In the past few weeks, I've begun a freelance writing career and this morning, I got a notice from Constant-Content that I've sold my first piece! It's not much but it feels like earning that first $1 that gets framed up on the wall! Now that I've actually sold something on that site I'm going to link it to my blog. I feel as though I can post it now without shame.

But now its time to get back to vacationing. Anybody have any great road trips planned for this summer?

1 comments:

  1. Congrats on selling your first piece Sarah- that's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete