Preparing for My Vegetable Garden

I know it's the middle of January, but thanks to Pinterest and the lovely little banana plant I've had in my room all winter, my spring planting fever is here early! Last year I did a few herbs and dreamt of rain driven irrigation systems, but this year, I'm going for it! This will be the year of my cunningly fashioned bamboo irrigation pipes and recycled material flower beds! Of simple and practical composting and my very own home grown vegetables! Since I now have two of my lovely sisters as room mates, I believe I can safely ask for a little help in this endeavor and perhaps between the three of us, we'll have a crop to show for our labors. I'm so ridiculously excited by the thought. :)

Quite by accident, I came across a fun little online tool for vegetable garden planning - Sprout Robot! This site is a ton of fun... instructions drawn in comics style? With zip code specific planting lists? Yes please! And their logo is fun. I'm a sucker for a good logo.





I'll be starting my broccoli indoors the week of January 21st, so if you're hoping for a grocery-yielding garden this year, better start planning! I have a Pinterest board going (in its infancy at the moment) if you'd like to follow some of my inspirations and ideas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment